Monday, November 10, 2008

Find your inner sandwich MacGuyver

Just writing to let you know that I am taking a week's break from my regular postings.

I have arthritis and it's affecting my hands to the point that typing and using a mouse really hurts. I am working with my doctor to get things under control.

My usage has been aggravating the pain, and I'm choosing to take a week off, rather than quit.

So, this week, take your favorite dinner recipe and turn it into a sandwich. It's a great way to explore leftovers in a different way.

Here are some inspirations:
Meatloaf -- yellow mustard on whole wheat with cold meatloaf slices
Pot Roast -- horseradish, mayo, sliced cold post roast on your favorite bread
Chinese Food -- take the meat pieces out, throw some sauce on a roll with the meat, and eat the rice and veggies on the side
Spaghetti -- Provolone Cheese melted over ground turkey or beef and atop toasted garlic bread

Also, if you know of any treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, let me know. I'm using immunosuppressants, the new "last line of defense" and having little success.

Enjoy your week eat happily!

No comments: