Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday What's On the Menu

Every Wednesday, I'll bring you recipes that I've been experimenting with over the past 7 days. I choose Wednesday, not because I enjoy being difficult (which I do), but because I abide by rule #1 of the How To Cook Knoxville Mobile Cooking Academy:

Rule #1: Choose one day a week and set aside 1-3 hours for planning and organizing.

The amount of time you'll need depends upon what meals you want to cook, but planning and organizing will make every meal easier and less expensive. I'm a busy girl starting her own business, so any time and money I can save is golden. From menu-planning for the week to making a shopping list to separating portions, if you can create the good habit of being prepared then each meal you make should take no more than 30 minutes of actual time during the week.

And, if you think that advice comes from a Type-A super-anal organized gal, then think again. Call my mother and father and ask them if organization has ever been one of my strong points. For me, though, it's infinitely worth it, because I love everything about food -- the smell, the taste, what it means to eat, what it means to feed someone, what it means to be fed -- it's almost a religious experience.

But, back to Wednesday. I choose Wednesday because on my schedule I've already experimented with meals for 7 days and it's time to start all over again.

Enjoy the inspirations, and if you want to learn how to cook them, let me know you know how to find me.

Ground Pork Black Bean Chipotle Chili with homemade Chili-lime Tortilla Chips
Lemon Rosemary Shrimp Alfredo with Parmesan Potatoes
White Balsamic Vinegar & Honey Chicken with Herbed Rice
Sauteed Bosc Pears and Bananas over Honeyed Cous Cous with Scrambled Eggs and Ciabatta Steak Minis

Find your inner MacGyver and experiment with what you've got in your pantry. Then, plan your meals for next week and start all over again.

Happy Eating!

No comments: